Monday, January 12, 2009

La Bella Luna!

I'm still recovering from last weekend...and the only things I drank were water, coffee and orange seltzer water. Oh, a bit of chilled Saki, but just a bit! No, the recovery is mainly due to lack of sleep, which I will get at least eight hours of tonight. I hope.

Weekend highlights: spending time with Stephanie, eating half of a very yummy sandwich at a very yummy diner, meeting new people, seeing old friends, eating yummy avocado sushi at a yummy Japanese restaurant, "Slumdog Millionaire", shoe shopping, "Bride Wars," grocery shopping and "Rome!"

One highlight that stands out: "Slumdog Millionaire." It was a delightful movie, easily one of the best (if not the best) of last year. Actually, no, I'll say the best of what I've seen (runners up being "The Dark Knight", "Rachel Getting Married," "Frost/Nixon" and "Ironman"--I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, plus I haven't seen "Milk", "Revolutionary Road," or "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"). What I loved about "Slumdog Millionaire"--besides the soundtrack, cinematography and unique storyline/storytelling--was it's setting in the slums and streets of Mumbai, India (formally Bombay). The setting is so integral to the story, and it evokes all of the emotions that make it such a wonderful film.

Now, off to sleep. Hopefully I won't feel so out of step tomorrow. The full (or nearly full) moon is messing with my balance...

...Weekend Anna

No comments: