Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's over.

Officially, that is. It was exciting to vote at a real polling station (after voting so many years absentee in the great state of Ohio). I prepared my election day tote bag--filled with a book (Joan Didion's "Democracy"), a newspaper, water, iPod, hand lotion and granola bar--last night, set my alarm for 6:15am and was ready to go this morning, once I had my thermos of coffee in hand. I walked over to PS 8 on Franklin Ave. in Jersey City, and while there were a lot of people crammed into the lobby of the school's auditorium, the lines were quick (a bit chaotic) and I was able to cast my ballot without cracking open my tote. Below are my few, but demonstrative, photos of my first New Jersey election:


The Wall Street Journal's Nov. 4th front page.





My free Starbucks coffee that bought my vote.





Voter Registration card for Hudson County, NJ.





Outside my polling location, PS 8 in Jersey City (I wasn't sure if I was allowed to take photos inside, so I didn't tempt fate.)


Until Saturday,

~Weekend Anna.

No comments: