Monday, November 3, 2008

At last, it has arrived...

...election day.

Well, almost. I can't believe election season is coming to an end. How now will I fill my spare time, with no new polls to check, campaign ads to fawn or frown over, and new SNL campaign related sketches to watch over and over? Urgh, I'll have to read about the actual governing of things. At least tomorrow I get to go to the polls and cast my ballot (in person!) at PS 8 in Jersey City, NJ. The highlight of my week. That is until...

...the weekend. Those two days (I don't count Friday since work doesn't stop until after 8pm for me) where I can do whatever I want--sleep in, read all day, take an absurdly long shower, eat breakfast/lunch/dinner at a table, go for a walk without the constraint of a schedule, catch up with friends or a movie, and the list goes on and on.

And the weekend is the whole point of this blog--a chance to post photos and reflect on the two days of non-work. I will do my best to not mention work--in any capacity!--in these posts. Most of the posting (but not all) will be done on Saturday and Sunday, in my own little, if insignificant, homage to a world free of employment constraints...


~Weekend Anna

1 comment:

homemayde said...

wow, weekend anna... i have the feeling you are a writer by trade. nicely done. i admire the blog design!
-papermoon