Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!



I love Halloween. It feels like an excuse to be a kid again, despite the fact that many view it as a time to dress in very little at all. Instead, it's a chance to dress up as a favorite character or profession or dream, and to eat a lot of candy without feeling too guilty. Plus, celebrating being scared has it's charms as well. Every year I watch Psycho, one of my favorite Hitchcock films, even one of my favorite movies. No matter how many times I see that movie I still get chills when I see the shadowy figure opening the door to the bathroom with unsuspecting Marion Crane showering in the foreground, or when Norman Bates looks up at the end while the voiceover of his mother talks about how harmless she is. It's fun to be scared a little bit...


....Weekend Anna

No comments: