Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Just a perfect day, Drink sangria in the park..."

I love May and I love the fact that it actually feels like spring--a rather elusive season I haven't truly experienced in a while since teeth-chattering Chicago winters usually transitioned immediately into sweat-inducing summer. I got a taste of that heat the weekend before last while I was in Florida visiting the family. It's still weird to think of my parents down there among the palm trees, backyard swimming pools and alligators...going to visit them feels like going on vacation instead of going home. Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend with my parents and sister. It was filled with lounging, a little bit of swimming, and games of Scrabble, Sorry and Euchre. I miss all of them, although I will get to see my Dad in a few weeks (Yankee game!).

Last weekend was another New York weekend with dear friends--from an exhibit of Picasso's later paintings in a Chelsea gallery to a lovely outdoor brunch in the West Village, a street fair on Barrow St. (whoopie pies!), a stop at Bleeker Street Records, dinner in Little Italy, mass at St. Pat's, the Museum of Natural History and pizza at John's on Bleeker. My wallet was lighter by Sunday night (beautiful stationary--pictured above!--from the street fair, chocolate covered espresso beans from Porto Rico Importing Co., Lou Reed's "Transformer" on vinyl, to name a few culprits), but I was filled with satisfaction, happiness, and a feeling of gratitude for being lucky enough to have some pretty awesome friends, both near and far.

My next weekend is approaching rapidly and Memorial Day means another one of those rare Mondays that I look forward to...and the return of another dear friend...


...Weekend Anna

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Label: spending money like i'm rich



bwhahahaha.