Sunday, December 14, 2008

These are the times that try men's souls

My obsession with the American Revolution was on display this weekend at the dress rehearsal for the annual reenactment of General Washington and his troops crossing the Delaware River in the aptly named Washington's Crossing, Penn. It has all of the makings of one of my dreams--a beautiful clear day, fife and drum corp, tri-corner hats, recitations of Thomas Paine's "Crisis" and of course, General Washington. Unfortunately, they weren't actually able to cross the river today because the conditions were deemed dangerous by the safety officials (some rough water didn't stop the real General Washington though, did it?), but it was still a perfect Sunday afternoon....




...Weekend Anna

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Sounds like *so* much fun! I've always wanted to go to one of those...guess I'll have to plan my trips back to the States *very* carefully so I can hit it just right :)